||GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Baywood Publishing invites authors to forward proposals for
publications in counseling, death & bereavement, psychology, and gerontology,
health policy and technical communication. We welcome submissions in these
areas from authors who desire to publish with a scholarly professional
press. These guidelines are provided to expedite the submission process.
The Proposal Package:
- Cover Letter introducing yourself, the title of
your proposed publication, a concise description of the purpose and scope
of the book, and an indication of whom the audience will be.
- Curriculum Vita for each author(s)/editor(s) involved.
This should include: Names, titles, addresses, and phone/fax numbers.
- List of Contributors, if applicable. Please indicate
the total number of contributors and provide their names, titles addresses,
and phone/fax numbers.
- Table of Contents, to include chapter titles and
paragraphs describing those chapters.
- Introduction or Preface, and at least one chapter
for the proposed publication.
- The primary specialty and any areas of subspecialization
for the author/editor.
- Status of the manuscript: Is it in the idea stage?
Is it less than 50% complete? More than 50% complete? Has any of the material
been previously published?
- Probable date that the manuscript will be completed.
- Mechanical dimensions including: Number of typed
double-spaced pages; number of charts; number of tables.
- Potential Markets. Describe the primary and any
secondary professional and/or student markets for which this book is intended
and the level of readership at which it is aimed.
- Timeliness. Please try to estimate how long,
in years, the content of the book will remain current and useful.
- List of Competing Titles. Please include the
author, title, publisher, year, pages, price of each competing publication.
- Uniqueness. How does
this book differ from competing titles? List any special or unique features
your work contains.
Submit your proposal to:
Stuart Cohen, Managing Editor
Baywood Publishing Company, Inc.
26 Austin Avenue
P.0 Box 337
Amityville, NY 11701